Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hey there

Brotoft

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm from the Toronto region and have loved animals my whole life. A few years ago I had the idea of trying to create a self sustaining Vivarium/Paludarium, I know that this is a near impossible feat from everything that I have been reading. However some people got very close. I would be okay with giving the system artificial lighting to aid with the development of the plants and animals, as well as heating/cooling the tanks as necessary and maybe an occasional feeding. So I know that it will not be a completely self sustaining system but it would be very low maintenance.
I do know that I would like this to be a mixed species Viv/Palu. The tank that I am obtaining is roughly 120 gallons(everything I read says this requires a lot of space, and I believe that this would be enough if I lay everything out correctly.) I'm still doing research into the species that I would like to have in the tank. I would like there to be some fish of some sort, and as well if possible reptiles and amphibians.. If anyone has any input I would appreciate it. Nice to meet ya and have a nice day.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!