Baby axolotl, help.

D

darthvader

I got given a baby axolotl from a breeder in my local pet shop, he is still very small and this morning I thought he had died, but when I went to change my water before he moved a bit, I don't know why he isn't moving and laying on his back. is it because of the temperature? and how can I tell if he is eating.
I have been dipping brineshrimp with tweezers in his water to feed him, because he is so small, but now im thinking he isn't eating, im new to breeding, and this is the first baby I have ever had, so someone please help me i don't want to loose him or her !

What's the water parameters and temp?

i don't know the parameters, but ive put in 2 tsp of gh and 2 tsp of kh and dechlorinator (nutrafin) 5 ml. ive put him in a cooler region in my house it's now at 15c.

Unless you have major water issues there's no need to add teaspoons of anything except dechlorinator measured carefully.

Please get your lotl into clean fresh dechlorinated water. Until you can work out what the problem is nothing beats fresh water changed daily (or more if they're filthy lol)

Please keep us updated.

<3 >o_o< <3

Unless you have major water issues there's no need to add teaspoons of anything except dechlorinator measured carefully.

Please get your lotl into clean fresh dechlorinated water. Until you can work out what the problem is nothing beats fresh water changed daily (or more if they're filthy lol)

Please keep us updated.

<3 >o_o< <3

i put him in clean dechlorinated water lastnight, ive got a filter in the baby's tank aswell, and doing another water change today, should i stick to brineshrimp for the feeding? .. thankyou guys :)

Please post a pic of the lotl...
How long is it?
Brine shrimp is usually just for larvae -
once they get legs they can normally cope with live blackworms or bloodworms.

<3 >o_o< <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back