Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Greetings!

jjdickinson

Reaction score
I've actually posted here once before but never introduced myself! I'm a teenage gal from Washington who is currently caring for a lucky little long toed salamander named Smitty {who was sold to us as an axolotl!}. This site is really helpful and I enjoy browsing the images of all the adorable newts, salamanders and miscellaneous critters!

narny101

Reaction score
hi jjdickinson, i'm a teenage girl too, but i live in Australia, not the U.S... i'm planing on getting an axolotl today! (yay) and I have aged the water and got everything ready!

:eek::rolleyes:;)

jjdickinson

Reaction score
Oh that's awesome! It's always cool to see people the same age getting neat animals also. Make sure to take pictures of your axie when you get them so I can see!

FX1C

Reaction score
hi jjdickinson, i'm a teenage girl too, but i live in Australia, not the U.S... i'm planing on getting an axolotl today! (yay) and I have aged the water and got everything ready!

:eek::rolleyes:;)

Hi I'm in sydney & was wondering where you were getting your axolotl from :)

I have some gorgeous goldens thst need homes if you're in Sydney & can't find any healthy ones at the pet stores.

Can't wait to see pics of your new addition

<3 >o_o< <3

narny101

Reaction score
here is a really blurry pic of my axie.... her name is Luna ( I love harry potter :p) she has settled in well and seems to like her new home :D

Attachments

• 100_3724.jpg
    100_3724.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 130

narny101

Reaction score
Hi I'm in sydney & was wondering where you were getting your axolotl from :)

I have some gorgeous goldens thst need homes if you're in Sydney & can't find any healthy ones at the pet stores.

Can't wait to see pics of your new addition

I don't live in Sydney, I live in Victoria and I got Luna from an aquarium near where I live, but I saw some goldies there and they look gorgeous.. perhaps if I get a bigger tank i'll get a gold one next....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1