Need answers asap :(

daniellaxx

Reaction score
Country
Australia
hi guys, im new to this forum, and have read a lot of good advice from this site, and I really need help with my male, albino axolotl.
there are no vet's in my area that can take care of axolotl's. and he is getting very bad. his cloaca is very swelled and bits of blood are coming off. he has gone a very ill white/bright red. his not eating at all either. I haven't been able to check the parameters.I am currently doing 100% water changes daily, dechlorinated water.
12c-15c is his temp at the moment. I moved him into a cooler area a few days ago.
I don't know what else to do, I don't want him to pass but he doesn't look like his getting any better, I wish I could take him to the vet but I cant :(
any suggestions to what I can do?
ive also got 2 other axolotls that are very healthy in my tank. (albino is in a different tank atm)
sorry for the lack of photos, haven't got a camera.

Thanks guys.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back