Hiya! Finally gettin' around to saying hello!

Vicious

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I'm Arissa and from the boring Illinois (not born there of course). XD I am a 22 year old Female. I love drawing, painting, reading, writing, Video games, Motorcycles, camping, swimming, fishing, volleyball, and kayaking. I love all animals including Salamanders, Birds, Tarantulas, fish, and everything in between.

This spring (I think beginning of April) I went down to my Boyfriend's Pond and swamp and managed to find a salamander laying her eggs. At the time we had no idea she was even doing this until on our way back to his house and I noticed these weird slimy clear balls with a black dot in the middle. We ran back to the pond to investigate and found more where she had been. They took about a month to hatch (including additional ones I found later). At least twelve of the eggs I have hatched are hers.

There are also about 19 about to go through metamorphosis and 7 or so who already have. Now these I have no idea the species.

Soooo..... I need to know where to place Species inquiries! I think Momma was a smallmouth but I would like to verify that as well as the cuties who Love their little Black worms. I just released Momma Sally last night as I would like her to have more babies next year. Half of the cuties I raise will return to their birthing swamp more towards the end of the summer and the rest I'm keeping or finding permanent loving homes. :)

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure a picture of your sal would get it identified in a minute. You can post it in this thread if you like. I think people on the forum love identification requests because then we all get to show how smart we are LOL :)

Well lets see what I can Do...

Sally, Mommy of 12 that are still growing:

I'm pretty sure Iggy is a Different Species than Slippy and Stumpy cause of the head shape from above.

Slippy:

Stumpy:

Iggy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back