Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from a new Axie Mom :)

keiferlou

Reaction score
Hello all! Joined the site yesterday and figured I should introduce myself before I post anywhere else here.

I have my own little zoo here in Oklahoma, filled with human children and others :happy: I have 3 human children, 1 husband (counts as a kid lol), 2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 Chinese Water Dragon, 12 freshwater fish and 1 new Axolotl. Recently adopted out 2 guinea pigs that my oldest daughter owned that were well loved and well taken care of but school, sports and extracurricular activities meant they didn't always get the attention they needed :( but I was proud of my daughter for realizing that and helping me choose a new home for them :)

I'm a born animal lover and while I typically research a new breed of animal or even a new kind of animal before I get it, sometimes emotion does play a part. I can't tell you how many times my husband has gotten mad over stray dogs, cats and horses :eek: BUT breed specifics are different than cat versus water dragon. With our first reptile, we researched. With our fish, we researched. With the Axie, we researched. There's still a learning curve, no matter how much you read because every critter is different. I do try to learn the essentials before diving in.

I found this forum and read quite a bit from it before ordering my Axie and knew it would be a great resource for life with Frankie. I've wanted an Axie since I first learned they existed a few years ago and have seen them on numerous sites for sale but figured I should try fish or something smaller and easier first. I worked my way up.

I'm open to suggestions as I am new at this :) I'm willing to try anything to keep my furry/reptilian/gilled kids as happy and healthy as my human kids. I look forward to interacting with you all!

Now, to go post that question I have.....

Keiferlou

FX1C

Reaction score
Welcome welcome :)

It sounds like you'll fit right in here :)

What a lovely introduction :D
I look forward to more posts & some pictures of the new addition Frankie :)

<3 >o_o< <3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1