Fungus or injury?

Slinkee

Reaction score
Country
United States
I found one of our axies with this spot on his tail this morning. He's also got what looks like maybe a crimp at the end? There were two small guppies in his tank and I saw one picking at it. The guppies have been removed but (and I hope the pictures come through) can anyone identify whether this is an infection or an injury? He's otherwise alone in a filtered ten gallon tank and still eating very well.

Attachments

• 2013-06-18 16.30.42.jpg
    2013-06-18 16.30.42.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 279
  • 2013-06-18 16.32.53.jpg
    2013-06-18 16.32.53.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 433
  • 2013-06-18 16.32.02.jpg
    2013-06-18 16.32.02.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 309
Doesn't quite look like fungus to me.

Hope someone else may be able to advise.

Could be a bit of an infection made worse by the fish.

Mel

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back