Hey :)

elim

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi Guys,

I'm Elise, from Sydney. I've recently joined the site for information on all things Axolotl. I’ve only had my axies for a few months now, but this website has helped me so much in learning how to look after them properly (I was given such bad info from the pet store when I bought them). Two of my axies have just become parents so I’m glad there’s somewhere I can go to get all the information and help I need!

My house is full of pets at the moment 1 puppy (Harley), 1 snake (Flexo), 2 cats (Milo & Boofy), 3 fighting fish (Dory, Violet Crumble & Finley), 3 axolotls (Pip, Coral & Axl) (and hundreds of eggs!), and we recently re-homed our bearded dragon (Cody).

Hello & welcome fellow Sydney sider :)

Sadly pet shops are notorious for bad advice & most happily sell gravel & even heaters with axolotls :(

I'm glad you found the forums - there's quite a few on here from Sydney & we are all quite friendly & here if you need anything... I'm currently buying bulk live blackworms & am happy to sell them on at cost to help keep everyone's lotls eating on a budget :)

Don't forget to post some pics of your lotls - we love seeing new lotl faces :D

<3 >o_o< <3

Thanks guys :happy:

I've never tried blackworms before, I'll keep that in mind! Thanks.

Nikki, is it possible that you were the person I was talking to via Gumtree about axie sitting in the Chrissy holidays? The name and location match, so that would be a funny coincidence!

Yup that would be me :eek:

Xmas is still looking like it should be ok..
I'm currently lotlsitting 8 for another member and they've been no trouble :D

<3 >o_o< <3

Aw that's good!
Well, I only have three at the moment... and a few hundred eggs. Lets see how many I'll be able to part with...:lol:

Hehe some days i wish there was a lotl sitter. Im so ready for parenthood! I havent been able to leave home for more then 24hours for almost 4months because i dont trust anyone else taking care of my lotls! (Once my juveniles get put in tanks it wont be so bad, but with the daily water changes!) i could use a break once and a while! Lmao!

Hahaha! I know what you mean! I don't trust any of my family to take care of them... only because they haven't had them before and I don't think they'd like doing the water changes and feedings! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back