Limb regrowth

Phantomlink

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have two juvies who I moved from plastic containers to a 10 gallon tank and they worked well together for about a week. I woke up one morning to see that one lost half of its back leg and separated them. Now they are living together in a 35 gallon divided in the middle. I was just wondering how long it usually takes to regrow the limb?

Sorry for quality, had to use my phone I've misplaced the charger for my dslr

mEcYKWo.jpg

From my experience it takes a few weeks from them to grow back

It depends on how bad the damage is, environment, water quality, feeding, etc. It can take up to 8 weeks to fully regrow a limb. But it also depends on body part missing... I know someone that had an axy who was missing it's entire tail. About three months on it's just over half grown back. But it only took my guy about 3 weeks who had the same amount missing as your one only on his front foot... And he grew two extra toes haha :)

I got one of my guys missing both his arms- they have both grown back in about 4 weeks! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back