Found pet snake in the woods

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My boyfriend and I went kayaking yesterday. I saw this snake by the path- I think it's a corn snake out of its territory or a boa that someone let go. I told him, the poor thing, I should take it home. He also has snakes but he wouldn't help. He was acting funny. "Go ahead, get it yourself, you don't need my help, you know how to pick up a snake" he said. So I picked it up, It was really friendly. But my boyfriend wouldn't even pet him! "Can you lend me some money? a few hundred?" he asked. "I'll pay you back next week." I brought it home and put him with my other cornsnakes. He has been eating mice right from my hand! I'm sure he's someone's escaped pet. He looks like an Okeetee. I even trained him to lick my nose. What a sweet little feller.

Attachments

• 003sm.jpg
    003sm.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 1,093
  • 007sm.jpg
    007sm.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 796
.....I'd put that back. Looks like a venomous copperhead... Not even joking.

No, I'm sure he's someone's escaped pet boa. He licks my nose and he's so docile, taking mice right from my hand. Plus I saw a copperhead in a zoo once and he didn't look at all like that. He looked like this:

Attachments

• copperhead2.jpg
    copperhead2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,161
Last edited:
Ha ha I get it, troll the new kid. Seriously though, if some kid or someone uneducated about snakes sees this and goes and picks up a copperhead....

Yes, we knew it was a copperhead. It was beautiful. We just took pictures until it crawled away.

It is very beautiful- I love snakes... Too bad there are not that many snakes in where I live... :p

YES CANADA EH!!! Only snakes i see out here are those green garden snakes that about al the excitement i get for snakes, eh. lol:p:happy:

Count yourselves lucky! In Australia all of the snakes are out to get you! :lol: I've been chased by a brownie and nearly stood on a tiger before.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back