Does anyone know if these are water safe?

I used one until they got to big to hide in them. Neverr had a problem with them.

I just dont know if they are actually axie safe, just that i did use them in my tank and its still in my 10gallon guppy tank still.. Nothing has died yet.

I used one until they got to big to hide in them. Neverr had a problem with them.

I just dont know if they are actually axie safe, just that i did use them in my tank and its still in my 10gallon guppy tank still.. Nothing has died yet.

Thank you! That's good to know! When you say you don't know if they're axie safe, what about them would make you think they might be unsafe for an axie?

Thank you! That's good to know! When you say you don't know if they're axie safe, what about them would make you think they might be unsafe for an axie?

I just dont habe amy hard facts on the safety of them. For example i cat tell you ive use them for a while with nothing bad happen. T was a perfect hode for them. But i mean o am no expert to say there are absolutly not risks right? Im just
Giving you person experience. And ive mever had a provlem with the

Esit: i am so sorry i dont know of you can understand what i put. I just took enough clonazopam to hopefully put me into a coma here soon and my visision is all bluffg its hard to thpe!

Wow my english turns to **** in this situations. I swear my spelling grammer and everything is wonderful on a normal day

I've used similar hides. The only problem I had was sharp edges around the cave entrances. After putting them in as hides, both of my axies ended up with little cuts on their dorsal from snagging it when leaving the cave. The sharp edges are on the inside so out of sight. Of course, it depends on the manufacturer, but something to look for before adding to tank.

I just used some sandpaper to smooth out the entrances, rinsed them off real well, and...problem solved:D

Keep in mind that the entrances didn't feel particularly sharp to me, but apparently it doesn't take much to snag a little rip in the dorsal.

I just dont habe amy hard facts on the safety of them. For example i cat tell you ive use them for a while with nothing bad happen. T was a perfect hode for them. But i mean o am no expert to say there are absolutly not risks right? Im just

Esit: i am so sorry i dont know of you can understand what i put. I just took enough clonazopam to hopefully put me into a coma here soon and my visision is all bluffg its hard to thpe!

Wow my english turns to **** in this situations. I swear my spelling grammer and everything is wonderful on a normal day

:rofl: Yes, most of the time you make sense (for the most part)! I discovered these cute little smile icons you can use next time you feel a little dizzy :dizzy: or perhaps out of this world :ufo:...ahhahaha...:rofl:

I've been told the resin hides and reptile accessories are water safe for amphibians and fish, but the one I bought floated and so was completely useless!

Ahh, gotcha, thanks! And I understood you just fine, lol.

I know that some people use them with no problems, but I took mine out of Mortimer's tank ASAP when I noticed the paint coming off in the water over time. They are not made to be submersed.

I wanted to know this exact thing a few days ago so I contacted the company by email:

Dear Gemma

Thank you for contacting us.
The Exo Terra Hide Out Caves are perfectly safe to use in freshwater aquariums. They are made from a coloured resin, not coated and will sink. There is nothing their make-up that is toxic to fish or reptiles.

Best Regards, Kath Hirst Customer Service Advisor Rolf C. Hagen (UK) Ltd. California Drive Whitwood Industrial Estate Castleford, West Yorkshire WF10 5QH http://www.hagen.com

Yeah, axolotl's aren't fish or reptiles but still. I'd also recommend sanding them down a bit on the edges, they're a little sharp!

i have one of these, my axie loves it! so far i have had no problems except that she doesn't
like leaving it! i guess she thinks it's her house :p

I wanted to know this exact thing a few days ago so I contacted the company by email:

Dear Gemma

Thank you for contacting us.
The Exo Terra Hide Out Caves are perfectly safe to use in freshwater aquariums. They are made from a coloured resin, not coated and will sink. There is nothing their make-up that is toxic to fish or reptiles.

Best Regards, Kath Hirst Customer Service Advisor Rolf C. Hagen (UK) Ltd. California Drive Whitwood Industrial Estate Castleford, West Yorkshire WF10 5QH http://www.hagen.com

Yeah, axolotl's aren't fish or reptiles but still. I'd also recommend sanding them down a bit on the edges, they're a little sharp!

Good to know! Thanks for posting. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back