Fool me once, shame on you, fool me 3 times= DOH!

karipatra

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I'm weaning my axies back to the tank, but had noticed that Audrey had been looking very pale the last few days. Gills just slightly darker than her body. Was getting worried that she was stressing being in the fridge for some weird reason. :(

So I took them out of the fridge this afternoon to do the water change,and opened the tank to find...poop, and a lively Audrey, who was back to her colorful self. :rolleyes:

Audrey, your mommy is very slow on the uptake lately, as this isn't the first time you've done this, but I get worried every. single. time. DOH! ;)

heehee my axie was looking pale the other day, is it a sighn of stress? it happened after a water change and she is good now but if it happens again...

Pale-ness often happens when they've been sitting still a while. My lecustics gills used to go pale when she was hungry, after food they'd go bright again.

It's definitely a "I need to poop" thing with Audrey. It's happened 3 times now, and I get worried...then she poops and she's back to being her normal self. :p

I just need to try and remember it the next time it happens.;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back