We're back!

Hayden

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Hayden
Hey everyone! I'm back from my long hiatus, and I'm up to 13 Axolotls (I think, counting in my head). :O We're all doing great! In fact, I just picked up some new babies from my friend James this weekend. They are freckled leucies and I wanted to share with you how absolutely gorgeous they are. I've always wanted freckled leucistics and man, these guys are going to be SPECKLED!

KJ1Xnxb.jpg

A bevy of beauties.....I love the axies with freckles......:happy:

Thank you! I do, too. They have so much character! I'm blown away by how freckley these ones are. Can't wait to see them as adults.

By the way, the axie in your profile pic is precious!

Those are the cutest little freckly babies I've ever seen!

Thank you, but credit goes to James. They have freckles to the tips of their tails! And it looks like you have a cute freckled guy, too.

That would be Rosie - the office mascot :happy:.

Having a heatwave here at the moment and I've brought her home to live with my two as I couldn't keep the water cool enough for her at work and worried about her all weekend. I miss her, have got so used to this little face looking at me while I'm working. :D

The second pic is that of my two getting cosy ;)....Sal (male leucistic) and Amanda (female wild type) (couldn't help the pun when I named them).

Keep the pics coming of your guys (and gals)...would love to see how they turn out with all those freckles on display.

Attachments

• 14 (1).jpg
    14 (1).jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 22 (5).jpg
    22 (5).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 302
Gorgeous! I love those dark gills! And I laughed out loud at the names. :) I need name suggestions from most of my guys! Only 3 have names...

I definitely will. I have some other leucie babies from him that aren't quite as freckled but have dark faces. I also have a year old melanoid that is about 8 inches. He is going to be a freaking monster.

Gorgeous! I love those dark gills! And I laughed out loud at the names. :) I need name suggestions from most of my guys! Only 3 have names....

What names have you got so far?

I have an axanthic adult female named Maynard (thought she was a male), an adult golden female named Marshall (same story), a white albino named Giggity (gift from my ex), and a GIANT year old melanoid named Creeperlotl because he follows me when I walk across the room. I guess four have names!

I have an axanthic adult female named Maynard (thought she was a male), an adult golden female named Marshall (same story), a white albino named Giggity (gift from my ex), and a GIANT year old melanoid named Creeperlotl because he follows me when I walk across the room. I guess four have names!

Hey Hayden, you can always shorten the two female names to May and Marsha....lol....when I chose Sal and Amanda I thought they were both females...I was right with Amanda and totally wrong with Sal....fortunately it's short for Salvadore so I just kept it!!

Would love to see a pic of your Creeperlotl.....he sounds big. My 3 are all 7 and a half inches long and all are 11 months old....I didn't know if that was big or not as i'm a new axie owner - only having had them 3 months. They have totally captivated me though and I'm turning into an axie geek.....:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back