Question: some question to people who have cared laoensis juvenile

nameless

Reaction score
Country
South Korea
I have plan to raise some 2~3 inch laoensis juvenile and I have some question. I heard that adult laoensis live in 18~24°c then do laoensis juvenile which live in semi-aquatic enviroment live in the same temperture? I'm going to take care of them in ice box. and its temperture will be around 18°c sometimes under to 16°c they're habitat it's cool area but I can't make sure if it's okay. and I will take care of them of gravel. it's okay only in gravel? (they can't swallow that sized gravel) in caudata culture, they said top soil in the best bedding but I don't what 'top soil' means exactly. does it mean eco earth? plant soil? any else? last question is that does who have taken cared of laoensis juvenile. what ratio did you choose to take of them? I mean ratio of the water. 1:1 or 1:2?

Last edited:
Re: d

I deleted your other thread in the Advanced area, as your questions are basic and belong here in the Help section.

Top soil means dirt, plain old dirt. It is NOT peat moss, coco fiber, or potting soil (the stuff for plants in pots). You can get top soil outdoors, or you can buy it in bags (I'm not sure what you have in KR).

I don't like using wet gravel only, as it gets foul very easily. I have seen a setup for Paramesotriton juveniles that was gravel in a bed of water, with a FILTER to clean and circulate the water underneath the gravel. This might work OK. My personal preference would be to raise them on soil mix, no water area.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back