Her,him or it?

narny101

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
narny101
hi all, i have has my axie for 6 weeks now and i'm still not sure if its a girl or a boy, i gave it a girl name because the person at the aquarium ( where i got it) said it was a girl... i'll attach some pics and i would really appreciate someones opinion on what gender it is...

Attachments

• 100_3824.jpg
    100_3824.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 150
  • 100_3823.jpg
    100_3823.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 100_3826.jpg
    100_3826.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 155
Very hard to see on the first picture, but I think it's a female.

How big is she? Mine weren't that obvious until they got to 7-8" - then my male suddenly developed a big boy-bump.

Same with mine. I was convinced i had two females till about a week ago. They are 8.5" now

A clearer pic of the space behind the back legs and start of the tail would be good.....I thought mine were both males but I definitely have one of each!!!!

if it helps...this is my male.....note the large bump behind his rear legs.....does yours have the same?

Attachments

• 22 (9).jpg
    22 (9).jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 144
no, it doesn't have a large....thing, but it is still quite young so i guess i will have to wait a bit to tell

also i just did a water change so she is hiding and i can't see its back

Echos literally appeared out of nowhere. I confirmed at 8.5" and 7months old and them echo had to go ahead and grow nuts.. So now i have a female and a male which i wAs so happy i had two females. I dont want any accidents lolImageUploadedByTapatalk1375054723.074382.jpg these in Sure this isnt as big as they will get

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back