Axolotl Decided to Eat Again!

Blue Spotted

Reaction score
Country
Czech_Republic
Display Name
Logan
MY Axolotl started to eat again! However, he kept on spitting the worm up. I had to cut it into like 2 millimeters long, but he still had trouble getting it down, he did succeed though. So I was wondering, can I feed him small creatures from outside such as pillbugs and millipedes?

I personally would not feed my axies anything I had dug up in the garden - too high a possibility of parasites, pesticides, herbicides, misidentification etc.

But some people would - axies in the wild will eat almost anything that falls into the water.

I dig up worms from the garden, but I wouldn't feed anything else... some people do though!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I really recommend you go get some frozen bloodworms and try feeding it to your lotl. If you are afraid of the mess use a feeding jar or dish

I can't get blood worms. I don't know where they sell them, and I can't order them.

You can get them at any pet storw. They are just little cubes in a package in the freezer section. They are fed to so many animals.. I could not see your pet shop not havin them

You can get them at any pet storw. They are just little cubes in a package in the freezer section. They are fed to so many animals.. I could not see your pet shop not havin them

Only one pet store in my area has them and they are always out of stock. It's a locational thing.

Oh wow. That sucks. I thought it was a pretty common thing. Guess not. Sorry.

Petsmart/Petco usually caries them...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I live in canada and have a petsmart and pet culture

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back