New favorite.

emmyk

Reaction score
Country
United States
okay, my axie Stanley is a little character, but he doesn't flow my finger or anything. So I had some extra lettuce I washed off from my garden, and I went upstairs with it and he half slammed into the tank when he saw me with it. Interested, I washed off a piece extra careful, and gave it to him. The first bit he swallowed, but then after I gave another, he spit it out. But when I lifted up the leaf, he followed it. So I wash off the lettuce leaf even more and stick the whole thing in the tank... he follows it and plays with it! I've never seen him so active. I'll have to remember this. Haha
yhaqy7ap.jpg
a3a8a8uq.jpg

do your axolotls like anything to play with?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That is seriously cute! I havent found anything my guys like playing with but then again they havent had much opportunity... Peppy does seem to like watching me and often turns and looks at me when i talk to her though.. maybe vibrations or she watchs the movement or something or just good timing lol

I was thinking about putting a pong pong ball with a hole in it for him, I heard they like that.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Bump, he's doing it again! Haha
ju4a4abe.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

y3apesuv.jpg

That's so adorable! Monster doesn't really have anything to play with, but he seems to enjoy harassing the mystery snail in his tank (his name is Steve the Magical Omni-Powerful Snail, because my friends and I were being silly and Steve seems to teleport around the tank when we're not looking). I'm thinking about getting him one of those bird toy things. The ones made of rings with the bell on the bottom. Someone else has that in their tank and their axolotls love it. Apparently they like those dog toys with the holes in them too.

For the time being, Monster seems content to chase my fingers and bite me. Naughty little bugger.

So cute!

Now I have to go search for other posts about toys :D
I saw the post with the rings... Very interested about the ping-pong ball?!

So, I'm guessing greens are OK for our axolotls? :rofl:

Well, some peoples' axolotls seem to like chewing on tank plants. I wonder if they're kinda like cats, in that regard. Either way, it doesn't seem like eating some greens every once in a while has ever hurt any axolotls, some of them even seem to enjoy it. :D

Haha they're bodies aren't really meant for greens, but he usually spits it out anyways. Its funny because he doesn't nip at his plants! Just lettuce leaves! Haha

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back