Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Question: Canadiannightcrawlers?

Alkylhalide

Reaction score
Has anybody gotten worms from canadiannightcrawlers.com? What are your thoughts on them? I was thinkin of buying a box-o-worms for fall/winter so my lotls have worms all winter. But id like some axie owner opinions/ general opinions like the quality and shipping etc.

mamangenn

Reaction score
thank you for the link. how many worms should i get for 4 adult axolotl for the winter?

Alkylhalide

Reaction score
I dont know in trying to get some advice on this site.

I have 5lotls and feed them one per day.. So a lot lmao. Taking into account that if you have a worm farm tey breed every 6weeks.
Though i was going to just buy a 500 box o worms and if i need more just get more later

mamangenn

Reaction score
i wrote them an email. they ship in winter too. and the shipping to my place for 500 worms is 15$.
that s abouty 0.15$ for 1 worms.

i usually buy the little box at the gas station... and it is 0.46$ a worm

it is really cheaper to get a lot of them.

Alkylhalide

Reaction score
Oh yes i know. They ship all year long. I may order some i just wanted to know if somebody has already ordered from them before. Because i mean i do t want to waste 66$

mamangenn

Reaction score
i understand that. i dont have any money to waste. but someone will have to order first. lol. i still have worms. i ll probable order in september or october

Alkylhalide

Reaction score
Yup me too. I can still catch nightcrawlers at night after a nice downpour so they are free lmao. Ill probably order in september

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1