Question: Construction!

Alkylhalide

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So apparently we are redoing all the drywall in the house, and this means i need to move my axolotl tank. And it also means a lot of drywall dust.

My plan was to empty it half way and get some help moving it. But this is so inconvenient! Ugh and its freaken hot out and i need to keep the canopy and a towel over the tank because of drywall dust. This sucks so bad. We are limited with space so im trying to figure out what to do and what would be easiest.

I feel so bad for my lotls :( and there is nothing i can do because its for insurance purposes.

I will need to wait till they are done for the night before moving the tank so i minimize dust

Im also afraid that the vibration of all the hammering is going to crack the tank. An i overreacting??!! Im so stressed out i wasnt aware that they would have to do our rooms as well

How long will the construction last? What about fridging the axies for a day or so to get them out of the tank and away from the dust? Also, the fridge would be a sealed place so that the drywall dust wouldn't get into their water. Just an idea, I'm not an expert by any means, but it's an idea.

Put a wet towel over the tank so no dust can get in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back