Plans for the 40 long ... thoughts?

Elliriyanna

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am planning to splurge a bit setting up my new tank ( Buying stuff now so I have it on hand when its time) So far this is my shopping list, I already have about a dozen plants and a double terra cotta hides but I want to make this look nice

Mopani for Tannins and to grow Java Moss and Anubias
51nXa1LvFxL._SX450_.jpg

Stack stones to create a fun little hide ( maybe )
312peDPutTL.jpg

318uO6TF7EL.jpg

310QeEt3pjL.jpg

The filter I am considering, Aquaclear I believe have adjustable flow.
Amazon.com: AquaClear 70 Power Filter - 110 V, UL Listed (Includes AquaClear 70 Carbon, AquaClear 70 Foam & AquaClear 70 BioMax: Pet Supplies

61YxB1xkfjL._SL1181_.jpg

4135IvMZZkL._SY450_.jpg

I am planning 6 hides, a dozen fake plants plus a few real, Driftwood and a nice filter ( not totally sure what kind yet) anything I am missing?

sounds great :) that cave hide you have a picture of i have in my set-up, axies love them!

Is there anything else I should be looking at? Or That is on the list that I should not be getting.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back