Tank Dividers

Tephra

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Just wondering... What do people usually use to make tank dividers? What's the best solution possible if no second tank is available?

I think you can buy premade tank dividers off the internet ect

I got a square of plastic mesh from my local craft store and cut it to size. I held it in place with some large-ish rocks but a determined (love dancing) axie can push it over pretty easily -.-

I was sold a condensation board (those large plastic sheets that some people use on top of their tanks to keep them warm and stop the critters inside getting out) for £6 from a local fish shop. I measured the width of my tank from back to front then cut the board to size. It's a tight fit and very hard to knock over because of that fit - also be warned the sides also need a little sanding to get rid of rough bits after cutting but otherwise set-up takes maybe an hour and it costs £6 :)

i wanna try and use some kind of breathable cloth mesh and stretch it out and attatch it to pvc pipe. any ideas if that`ll work?

If you don't have an other glass aquarium just use a plastic storage bin to house your axolotl, easier to buy then to make a divider.

Most retail pet stores will sell mesh tank dividers for pretty cheap. You could always give that a try.

i wanna try and use some kind of breathable cloth mesh and stretch it out and attatch it to pvc pipe. any ideas if that`ll work?

If you fill the PVC pipe with sand, this should help keep it down. Pet D-fense screen at Lowes is a great, strong screen to use. But in the long run, you'll probably come out cheaper with a tank divider from PetSmart, as mentioned above :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back