Hi from Gold Coast Australia

SallySalamanda

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there,

Im a proud second time round owner of a albino axie, sallie! Shes about 16cm long, ive had her for 3 weeks now.

My dear first pet was met with an unfortunate ending due to bad education from an aqaurium and live fish store (and ignorance on my part) being told gravel was ok! Poor thing died from gravel obstruction......... So a few years later after settling down it was time to bring a new memeber of the family in!

Poor Sallie, Shes had a rough start, the pet store i got her from (not the one above) had there axies kept in a tank with gravel!!!! Luckly they have passed, and she is doing well in her new gravel free home.

Im looking forward to havign her for many years as I am now older wiser and not so ignorant, thats why I have joined this forum, I find the stores offer very bias information which very rarely works in favour for the axie!

Hello and welcome.

Glad to hear your rough start hasn't put you off parenthood :happy:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back