Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Black axie developed grey patches?

Underachiever

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just noticed this and it's a bit too dark to get a good photo yet but bear with me. Just noticed that my black axie has some grey coloured patches on her head and a couple on her body. They don't look like lumps, so I'm worried they might be a fungus? She's still eating ok and I couldn't see anything on the gold axie she lives with. I will get a photo tomorrow but does anyone know what this might be and how I can treat it?
Thanks x

HayleyK

Reaction score
If it is a fungus it'll look kinda fluffy and cottony and will need salt baths (check tutorial). If its just kind of dull patches it could be the slime coat, it happened to my wildtype, in this case give him a tea bath (make sure it's not hot tea! Wait for it to cool completely). It really improved his skin and he looks fab! But if you're still unsure if its fungus or slime - look around on the threads there's tonnes of fungus posts. Be sure not to give him a salt bath unless its 100% a fungus as its really harsh on their coat.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!