Tank conversion?

Elliriyanna

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a 10 gallon I originally set up for an axolotl Juvi but Since he is being moved to a divided tank and I am getting Cyanurus I need to know what I need to change for the cyanurus other than adding a land area :)

Here is the tank currently
IMG_51081_zps5c599dfa.jpg

In a small tank like that it's important to maximise the volume of water so i would start by filling it right up and removing some of the decorations as these reduce the amount of water you can get in the tank. Next i would add as many live plants as you can leaving an open area at the front of the tank for feeding etc. I see there is already a filter which should be fine left as it is. You should provide a small area where the newts can emerge from the water, either cork or floating plants should be fine as C. cyanurus are very aquatic but it's there if they want it. Lastly you should always keep an eye on water quality and also temperature as this can rise very quickly in a small aquarium!
Hope this helps :happy:

well my plan was get a floating Betta log, I have driftwood, crypts, and an anubias Nana which will be planted, I plan to get some gravel and move my 10 gallon sponge to this tank, take out the big cave thing and get some floating plastic plants. Sorry I didn't mention I was going to fill it and of course add a lid.

I am always watching water quality with my tanks, I am very experienced with small tanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back