Axie ate too much

ReptileGirl

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was attempting to cut a worm for S'Miguel the day before yesterday and put it on the top of his tank before cutting it. Sure enough it fell in and he ate it whole before I could grab it because he waits at the surface. Normally not something I would worry about - but it was as long as his body (6.5 inches) and a little bigger around than a pencil. Biggest worm I've ever seen. He's moving fine and still his usually self, but he's rather...football shaped at the moment. 1 - should I be concerned? 2 - If I should be, what can I do?

No need to worry - if its too big to digest he will spit it out :)
If not his little tummy will be full for a few days. Mine do it all the time.. im amazed at how much they eat!!

Don't worry - my tiny baby Gally used to munch worms bigger than he was and was fine :) Like Pascale said, if it's too big he'll simply bring it back up. Oh...and, not to put you off your dinner, but you may find a lot of poop later >.<

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back