Rescued Ambystoma tigrinum

Tasha H

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Display Name
MissNewfie
Thought I would share with you all a before picture of a tiger salamander I found in the basement of the facility where I work. He was thin with skin covering his head. There is also a picture of him after a little care. He is still thin but he is very active and curious. so far he has eaten 4 grasshoppers and some worms. Hopefully he continues to do as well as he has thus far.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...304900621.1073741826.713095620&type=1&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...304900621.1073741826.713095620&type=1&theater

Impressive difference. Well done you.

Is it just me or does he look like Gollum in the first picture?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. Dumping water on him was lucky. Too bad he already has a name because Gollum would suit him. Squishy he is not, even though I called him that, but perhaps he will plump up some more.

So I have been enjoying this guy so much that I got a second. When I first picked him up he was being housed in an all aquatic tank. Since my other tiger has a terrestrial tank I changed his tank to a mostly terrestrial tank, with a small portion of the tank being water. (roughly a quarter of the tank) however, I am unsure that this one is fully morphed, and if I should be putting him back into a fully aquatic tank. He also has trouble eating. Once he gets food he is fine, but he seems to have to idea how to catch it. he jumps all over the place but always misses the food, sometimes falling over in the process. He has not caught any food without assistance. Here is a photo

Caudata.org Newt and Salamander Forum - Tasha H's Album: Squishy and new unnamed tiger - Picture

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back