Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Shelving

hannahll

Reaction score
I want to figure out a way to make some sort of perch or shelf on the back wall of my aquarium for my axolotls to sit on since they like using the top, middle, and bottom of the tank. I don't want it to be permanent and i want something that looks really nice and natural at the same time... Any ideas?

emmyk

Reaction score
Maybe slate and silicone? I don't know the process for removing silicone though. Some people use shower caddies! You could get really good suction cups and some sort or aquarium safe plastic... hmm..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

hannahll

Reaction score
Maybe slate and silicone? I don't know the process for removing silicone though. Some people use shower caddies! You could get really good suction cups and some sort or aquarium safe plastic... hmm..

hmm... that's a good start.
i was thinking maybe a piece of plexi with some slate on top and suction cups somehow attached.. that's where i get stuck.

emmyk

Reaction score
Well you could attach the suction cups with silicone. I was just thinking slate might be too heavy for the cups, but if you got really good ones, maybe. Oh and at one time I was thinking of using netting. Petco has this natural looking suction cupped net thing, and I thought my axie.might like it, but he's more of a bottom dweller anyways:p

auntiejude

Reaction score
I have some sturdy plastic plants - my axies just hang out in the leaves.

But a shower shelf or caddy should be good too.

Quentari

Reaction score
get one of those suction-cup turtle docks and just place it below the water's surface.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!