Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Tea bath

benjamin01

Reaction score
Hey, just wanting to know if it's okay if I dissolve a black tea bag in a bucket of water to add to my axolotl's tank as one of my axolotl's slime coat seems to be a bit amiss. Its tank mate is fine, but I dont have another tank to separate them. Would it be okay to treat both? :happy:
Thanks in advance.

auntiejude

Reaction score
The easiest way to do tea is to brew it as normal with boiling water in a mug or jug, leave it to cool with the teabag in, the add the tea slowly to the tank - I find directly into the filter outlet works great.

And yes you can trat the whole tank.

JenFit

Reaction score
The easiest way to do tea is to brew it as normal with boiling water in a mug or jug, leave it to cool with the teabag in, the add the tea slowly to the tank - I find directly into the filter outlet works great.

And yes you can trat the whole tank.

Hi, so piggy backing off of this thread (I’m a newbie at posting here and would love direction as to whether I should have posted my forthcoming question in the sick axlotl section directly, rather than posting here, Thanks in advance :)...I’m wondering if tea might help whatever might be going on with two of my (3.5 yr old lucistic) axlotl’s. They have recently developed subdermal, light colored spots that run along both sides of their bodies just below their fins (they may have always had them and I’m just now noticing them:eek:) and I have not been able to find a thread discussing this so far in the forum, and would really appreciate advice.

PS First time attempting to upload a pic. Hopefully it will open. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 515861F9-E152-45DB-BB57-D548281D018C.jpg
    515861F9-E152-45DB-BB57-D548281D018C.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 157
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1