Illness/Sickness: Axies Gills? 2nd Day?

georgiee2908

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I posted this in the general discussion but i think it would fit better in to this category now i have noticed that the gills are forward.
Ive had the tank set up for 5 weeks!
I have 2 axies which I bought Yesterday and am worried about them!
Their tank set up includes a light which I only switch on for photos :p
I would like your opinion on them because I've been worried all night that they might be stressed or upset from their new home not having correct features? Can you see any signs of stress? :confused:
I really appreciate any response so thank you so much!
Their Bodies are fine and behavior seems normal too...
Ill attach Pictures:happy:
How can i make my axies gills set backwards? I've been really worried :(

Attachments

• IMG_2650.jpg
    IMG_2650.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 586
  • IMG_2612.jpg
    IMG_2612.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2632.jpg
    IMG_2632.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 262
They need more hides and a screen top for the tank, What are your temps? Their gills seem curled.

That photo was taken a little while ago, I do have a top for the tank it's a mesh top to increase evaporation. That's where I put my fan. They do have placed to hide but seem to spend their time mainly at the front of the tank for some reason. My wild types gills are no longer curled at all yet my albinos are slightly curled :/

Sometimes axolotls will become stressed if the current is too strong. What kind of filter do you have? If you can, set it to a low flow and maybe place things around the output to disperse the current. My little albino Monster gets irritated by bright lights pretty easily too. Keep the lights off around the tank whenever possible, and hopefully your albino will calm down.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back