A couple of general questions

speckles

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had speckles the tiger salamander for about two years now and i have a couple of questions:

1. he is currently in a ten gallon tank 20" x 10" x 12" and i was thinking of moving him to a bigger tank. He is 9 inches and still growing i was wondering if a 20 gallon long 30" x 12" x 12" would work for him. Or if i should go bigger, i plan to build the habitat to be as natural as possible little by little.

2. He's eating alot of worms, i was just wondering if three worms a week was too much. He's not obese or anything i figured since it's a little warmer in the apartment he's hungrier.

1. A 20 gallon long is fine for him. Definitely time to move him out of a 10 gallon tank.
2. I would cut back on his feeding to 1-2 worms a week. Try to keep him below 70 degrees F.

thanks, i've been looking for a twenty gallon for him looks like next month he will be getting an upgrade. I've been trying to keep the temperature down but it gets to about 73 degrees in my apartment on hot days which is better than without air conditioning.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back