Melanoid & Wildtype hatchlings???

RupertxGiles

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Rupertxgiles
So I have wildtype and golden eggs and I was wondering what everyone thought about what potential colors these eggs will be....I am attaching a picture this was taken just now. They are 12 days old and some are starting to hatch. About 3/4 are a very dark freckles while 1/4 have very few freckles but are still obvious.

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1378344869271.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1378344869271.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 829
Looks like wild types and leucistics. Impossible to know for sure until they get bigger exactly what they are without a doubt. Might end up with freckly/dirty looking leucistics or pale wild types. Wait until they have all 4 legs for definite color/pattens to really show.

That would be awesome if they were leucistics! There is a definite difference in color

My friends axolotls who are melanoid and leucistic have eggs that are wild, leucistic and melanoid and honestly without knowledge of the grandparents it's hard to say but you could also end up with all three, ones that looked wild paled out into leucistics and some darkened up to melanoids. It's cool to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Grandparents are most likely Golden/leucistic but one could be wild/leucistic. They are actually most likely brother & sister but it's not for sure. They were from Zaria's hatchlings and she had over 100 so parents are a little uncertain

So I think they might be Lucys and maybe just wilds but we will have to wait and see

Attachments

• 20130908_123633.jpg
    20130908_123633.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,545
  • 20130908_175628.jpg
    20130908_175628.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 689
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back