Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Help with worm keeping for my axie

stephaniejo

Reaction score
I just wanted some advice on worm keeping.

As i have been reading that the tub they come in are only god to keep them for a few days
i have 30 worms in a small tub and i dont want to keep ordering them all the time.

Ive seen that you can buy a worm keeper but they only stay alive for a few weeks

any advice or suggestions

thanks

mewsie

Reaction score
We keep ours in the tub they came from, in the fridge. They last for months.

When the axolotls start spitting them out, they're starting to get old!

You could start a worm farm, I have yet to do this but I will be now I have moved to a bigger place.

SariYappa

Reaction score
I saw a post about someone who is keeping them in a salad spinner... I'm reading so much though, I'm not sure where the post is? I will be searching for you... :happy:

stephaniejo

Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a big tub and and puting soil in to see how that goes. Just need to make sure i dont run out or tirant wont be pleased. If you could keep a look out that would be great thank you

Sianita

Reaction score
Yeh I keep mine in the tub they come in and the last tub lasted me 2/3 months. I guess it depends what size of tub yours come in and how many worms are in it to last and breed.

stephaniejo

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I was just worried that they would all die too soon haha. Tirant wouldnt be impressed. He loves his worms. I think im going to buy a worm keeper with 300 worms in and see how that goes. If they die then its only £30 so not too much of a loss on my end. Hes so small at the moment. But hes super greedy haha. I think its the best pqrt of my day when i sit next to the tank and he swimms over to see me waiting for his worm

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1