Silly Axolotl

lovesheraxies

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I recently moved some things around in the tank, I moved the Coliseum to the corner in an attempt to keep them out of it because it's a pain when they hide in it when trying to feed them. I plan on getting them a bigger hide this month. Well Mr. Sheldon is a wee bit relentless on the matter me thinks, I burst into laughter and ran for my camera when I seen this.

Attachments

• IMG_0414.JPG
    IMG_0414.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 498
  • IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    239.6 KB · Views: 405
LOL that reminds me of a previous axolotl, Tita! She got stuck everywhere so I named her Chiquitita (like the Abba song because it starts with "Chiquitita tell me what's wrong, why is your fat a** stuck in there?"). They are not the sharpest pencil on the desk, that's for sure :D

Attachments

• 542872_103504769825662_690084215_n.jpg
    542872_103504769825662_690084215_n.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,329
I think that first picture should be entered into the 2014 calendar competition! Made me laugh :D

I think that first picture should be entered into the 2014 calendar competition! Made me laugh :D

I second that nomination, but all 3 of the pix on this thread so for are all just too cute, I don't understand ow thy got on that list of ugliest animals :eek: I have never seen an ugly axolotl:D

Now you have. Meet Xotl. (Frill-less gill and way too long, pimple on his lip, weird feet, poppy eyes, weird skin but absolutely adorable!)

(It's the hot dude on my avatar by the way. Something somewhere went terribly wrong...)

Attachments

• Xotlugly.jpg
    Xotlugly.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,048
Dolores, which one is current, your avatar, or this one??? Poor Dude!

This one. Even his 'girlfriend' is ugly. (But it's a rescue lotl).
I guess Xotl got this ugly after he got terribly sick about 1,5 years ago. He almost died. Thank god he's still here... but ugly as hell. :lol:

His gills never grew back normally. Or one gill stalk did... but no frills, as you can see.
Why do I always end up with the freaks?...

I never like to show pictures of him anymore. I'm afraid people think that I create world's ugliest lotls.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back