Question: Kaiser Newts

crimsonzele

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking for experienced keepers of Kaiser newts to share their experience. What about them makes them not a beginner newt and is there a care sheet here somewhere on them? I'm always in mobile and have trouble navigating the forum.

If anyone can share why they are not for beginner keepers please do. I read one care sheet. Will read this one now. Thank you.

Some of the early wild collected specimens were very fragile and N.kaiseri quickly developed a reputation in the hobby as being "for experienced keepers only".

For me captive bred kaiseri are easier to keep than some of the so called beginner species. I've struggled with Chinese firebellied newts more than I've ever struggled with kaiseri.

How good a species is for beginners is often related to how well they cope with poor husbandry, in other words, how hardy they are. The key thing is to get the husbandry correct from day one.

I'd love to have one if I can find CB. They are more suited to warmer temps which is an issue in my country

I must say I've found Kaiseri quite simple to care for provided they are given the correct conditions, keeping them aquatically also makes it even simpler.

I also find them easy to take care of. I keep them
Aquatic. I run a sponge filter and have some plants
And hiding spaces for them. I currently have six and all doing great.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back