Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

BAKS Meeting - April 2014

BAKS

Reaction score
Right, making sure we give you all LOTS of warning this time.

The next BAKS meeting has been arranged and booked for Sunday 20th April 2014. Same venue again, I'll put these details up later.

We may also have news soon about some tweaks to the membership system for 2014. We HAVE been listening to ALL feedback, and do realise that the system is hard work for us. So we are discussing a way to modify the system so that our members still get a good deal, but it makes getting in a much easier process for those manning our doors.

Hope to see a few more of you there in April.

Ade

xxianxx

Reaction score
Another good meet, i managed to pick up a sexed pair of P.nebulosa, so well worth the four hour round trip.

BAKS

Reaction score
Ooops, nobody changed the post I see.

Sorry folks (and CJ), we had to change the day booked. Turned out the 20th is Easter Sunday, the venue doesn't actually take bookings for Easter weekend at all.

The new date is Sunday 13th April 2014.

Hopefully it's still enough notice for you to change your annual leave CJ. Sorry this didn't get announced sooner, I thought one of the others might have done it so forgot to check.

Ade

CJ1981

Reaction score
No Problem, A/L all changed :happy:

Ooops, nobody changed the post I see.

Sorry folks (and CJ), we had to change the day booked. Turned out the 20th is Easter Sunday, the venue doesn't actually take bookings for Easter weekend at all.

The new date is Sunday 13th April 2014.

Hopefully it's still enough notice for you to change your annual leave CJ. Sorry this didn't get announced sooner, I thought one of the others might have done it so forgot to check.

Ade

BAKS

Reaction score
Good stuff. Glad it wasn't a problem.

Ade

Bellabelloo

Julia
Staff member
Reaction score

jAfFa CaKe

Reaction score
Arggggh! I wanna come so badly! But my parents wouldn't be very up for taking me to Cannock just to see a few amphibians. Maybe next year. Or if I get some T.Marm eggs (which won't be until a good few years away) I'll come.

CJ1981

Reaction score
Only 3 days to go guys :D:errr::frog:

It's not too late to drop me a PM if you want some space on the Caudata table.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1