Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Axy medication

Possum63

Reaction score
Hi all!

My partner and I upgraded our axy and fish tank a little while ago. We purchased the tanks second hand and they came as complete set ups including all fish ornaments food medications pumps filters etc etc etc. There was a LOT of stuff.

So anyway I've ended up with numerous types of fish medication and I was just wondering if any of it is axy safe (Should I ever have the very unfortunate need for it, I DO NOT HAVE SICK LOTTIES CURRENTLY!!) Here's the list:
~Pimafix
~Wunder Methylene Blue 1%
~Wunder Tonic
~Melafix
~Ectopur

I also know salt baths and tea baths are great for them and that chemicals should be last resort. So please don't lecture me on that, I just want to know if any of the above would be safe to use. Thanks for your help :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1