Hello again Caudata.org!

Widmad27

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings all,

My name is Dan aka (Widmad27). Pretty certain I had the username widmad27 without caps years ago but seem to have lost my login information. Anyways I live in Indianapolis, IN and am Senior Zookeeper by trade. I have been working with may herps in general for the last 14 years and have been keeping several dendrobatids as well as small pythons in my own personal collection at home. I am involved with Frogwatch USA, Herp TAGs, and many other zoo based projects. On top of all this I am working on a rather large side project called the National Amphibian Expo which is slated to take place August 9th 2014 in sunny old Indianapolis, IN. The pride of this project is that all of the proceeds from this event are going to Amphibian Ark to support both local and global conservation projects related to all amphibians. Feel free to check this crazy undertaking of mine out at naexpo.org or facebook.com/NAExpo. Well I guess that about sums me up, take care all and I look forward to re-immersing myself into this community.

Cheers,

Dan

Welcome to the forum Dan!

Do please keep us updated on your various projects. They sound right up our street.

Thank you Mark, and I most certainly will, we are looking to welcome all aspects of the amphibian hobby and would love to have a great representation from the Caudate community. Be certain to look for an additional post coming in the next few hours explaining more about the expo. It is really shaping up to be amazing!

Cheers,

Dan

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back