Question: Best way to travel?

emmyk

Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright.

For speech and debate, i'm doing an expos on Axolotls; mythology, and biology. We have tournaments to go to, probably like 3. Road trips. Now how do I bring stanley with me without stressing him out? obviously i'd get a critter carrier, but i was wondering if any of you had sucess with travel

Of course, the biggest issue when travelling with an axolotl is how to keep the water it's in clean and cool. I'm not entirely sure how best to travel with an axolotl other than that, sadly.

A hard case picnic/beer cooler with a well-fitting lid should suffice - fill it with cool water with your axie, and make sure you take some dechlorinator with you for replenishment the other end.

But do you have to take your axie with you? Would it not be easier (or kinder) to use a video or presentation? Axies get stressed with travelling, and I'd be concerned if you're doing journeys of more than half an hour.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back