Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

New tank 75 gallons for my axolotl

mamangenn

Reaction score
I am not done but that s a start. i want some tall plant in the back and some hiding place. i just didnt find what kind of hide i want to put in the tank. probably something black. lol
what do you think? any idea for some cute hiding place?

PatchworkClocks

Reaction score
I've got a ceramic tree stump hide in my tank. It looks nice and even has little fabric plants attached to it (the glue that's used to attach things like that is silicone, it won't harm anything). Other than that, I know some people get little rock-looking hides, and I think there's a pirate ship that's big enough for axolotls, too.

mamangenn

Reaction score
yes. i was thinking of some sort of little plastic table/shelves. something for them to have higher place to rest

PatchworkClocks

Reaction score
It looks really nice. But I do recommend you get a hiding place or two, at least one per axolotl is the general standard. Since axolotls don't have eyelids, when they sleep they need a dark place to lay in.

layna

Reaction score
In one of my tanks i have an ornament that looks sort of like tree roots, and when they go through the gaps its dark inside for them

It looks a bit like this but lighter Armitage Ornamental Mangrove Light

They love to sit under it and ive wrapped some elodea through/round it to make it look more realistic haha

In my other tank i have some mopani wood with anubias attached to it, and ive built it up a little and it sits leaning against the wall so they hide behind it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!