Question: Anyone used this/ is this ok to use

Mama Mia

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Mia

Good Afternoon All
My flat mat just brought this home I have never seen or used it before, can anyone tell me if it is ok to use in my Axie tanks?

Aqua Safe by Tetrafauna
for Reptiles and Amphibians
Neutralizes chlorine and chloramines
Safe for all Aqua-Terrariums

This is all the info on the front label. it is in a green bottle, like I said I have never seen it before, I sent my flat mate to the LFS to get h2o treatment and this is what they sold him for Axis.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I can't do water changes until I either find out this is safe to use or I go back to the store.

Thanks in advance for all your help:yin-yang:

We have the same stuff in the Netherlands. It's called Tetra. And I'm not sure about it. Some people say it's okay, some people say that Tetra(Fauna) can't be trusted, or that the AquaSafe contains something that might be harmful. Not just for axies.

I'll just sit and wait and see what others have to say about this. :)

Yup, i used both for my snake and my bearded dragon, but who knows about axolotls? :confused:

Its fine :) I have used it with mine and never had a problem.

I use that brand with my tank and I've never had a problem with it.

Thanks to all who responded,
It just made me worry, I sure do not want to do anything that would harm my guys. The bottle is so different then the other Tetra Products.
This bottle is green and the product itself is blue. And I had never seen this product before.

Thanks again.
Mama Mia :ufo:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back