Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Filters ?

spud62

Reaction score
Hi, my filters a tad strong on the surface at one end but my axies seem to live with it alright but im worried that they may get stressed after a while, so could some kind soul give me a pointer on which is the best filter to buy. My tank is a 4 ft long by 2 ft, thank you in advance, sorry forgot 2 axies live in it.

CJ1981

Reaction score
What filter are you currently using?

Your best option is almost certainly to just stick something in the way of the filter outflow to break it up rather than go through the hassle of recycling your tank.

Ornaments, plastic plants and those shower puff things have all been used effectively. Alternatively you could make a spray bar out of some plastic tubing with holes poked in it then carefully slide the tubing into your filter outflow.

spud62

Reaction score
What filter are you currently using?

Your best option is almost certainly to just stick something in the way of the filter outflow to break it up rather than go through the hassle of recycling your tank.

Ornaments, plastic plants and those shower puff things have all been used effectively. Alternatively you could make a spray bar out of some plastic tubing with holes poked in it then carefully slide the tubing into your filter outflow.

Thank you for your reply, i have a spray bar fitted but still feel they could do with less disturbance, will move the filter around to see if this helps, thank you once again

snuggly time

Reaction score
I tie a shower puff to my filter outlet, it works really well. In fact, there's hardly any disturbance at all now, but I have a sponge filter so the air bubbles from that help keep the water moving.

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 167
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!