Who can be housed with an Axolotl?

Gizmo0103

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Molly
The only thing I have with my Axolotl right now is some white clouds he never really has eaten.. Is there anything else that can go in a tank with him, or will it be too risky since he might eat them?

Thanks

The only live animals that should be put in with axolotls are food , things like snails, feeder fish and inverts, anything else is a potential risk.

I have a blue mystery snail in with my axolotl. He's much too big for Cthulhu to even get his mouth around him, and the snail tends to just leave Cthulhu alone. Other than that, it's not a good idea to keep anything besides other axolotls in an axolotl tank, aside from anything you're planning on feeding them with.

I have a blue mystery snail in with my axolotl. He's much too big for Cthulhu to even get his mouth around

You'd be surprised at what an axie can get i it's mouth!

Most things you put in an axie tank will either attack your axie or will get attacked/eaten. Fish aren't a natural food for axies and sometime they won't eat feeder fish, but the fish may try and nibble on axie gills thinking they are bloodworms.

I realize the potential risks in keeping a snail with him. But at the moment, the snail is twice as big as Cthulhu's head. Once my axolotl gets big enough that he can get his mouth around the snail, I will move the snail (if it even lives long enough).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back