Water tests?

MandyT84

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have a question for you all I know about testing ph but what else in the water do you test and with what and how often? Sorry I am new to all this, thanks

Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and water temp.. I check mine once every 5-7 days, generally once a week :)

Ammonia and nitrite should be at 0, nitrate preferably low but can be under 40, temp should be 20 max.

So do I go to pet store to get something to test them with, I have a ph tester and a thermometer.
Thanks for reply

I'm in sydney, where abouts are you at? Any pet store should have tests, and definitely any local fish shops. And buy the liquid tests instead of test strips, they may be expensive but they last long and more accurate.

Ok great thanks will do that in the morning.
I am in Sydney too
Thank god it's cooling down now

I know right, I guess our summer will be a scorcher from the looks of our spring :( luckily I live by the beach I have a nice cool breeze :p where abouts in sydney are you?

Yep have had to have the air con on most if the day but the breeze now is beautiful.
I am near Camden if you know where that is

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back