My axolotl just laid eggs

digitalxri0t

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Яei ☆
This is my first batch from my pretty little gfp. She laid them we believe on the 13th. Since this is her first batch and I have no idea if any of them actually turn out or not I figured I'd post updates every few days and let others watch with me as they progress.

azyhysy8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

They were laid around the tank, I transferred them into a tulle net that's sitting at the top of the tank.

Ooh lucky you :)

Thank you! Though I'm not sure if anything will come of them, I'm hoping I can get a couple cuties!

Day 3/4 I think. Some of the eggs are taking on an oblong shape now. Not super noticeable but it seems like they're developing.

uja7uzem.jpg

y3e4agut.jpg

Watch carefully - they go from squished ball to kidney bean to crescent in a matter of days!

I checked on my kiddos this morning and mostly all seem to have began to bean. Funny what 12 hours can do! I'm happy to know my sweet girl produces good eggs.

asyse6e8.jpg

Day 5 roughly. Sorry about the dirty looking stuff, I found more eggs on the bottom of the tank and saved them from being munched on.

dyju9ehe.jpg

Wow! Congratulations and good luck. I'm looking forward to watching the wee ones develop :) x

Thanks! I'm thinking about selling the majority now that I know theyre good and raising some for myself and friends.

Congratulations! They look great! And developing fast to! I'm rather jealous to be honest :grin:. Good luck! -Seth

Thanks :) I was shocked to see the turn out honestly, not that I'm complaining. No need to be jealous tho! I'm the one that is going to have to deal with raising babies and keeping them fed so just think of it that way hah.

Yah I guess, but still very cool they developed so well.:happy: -Seth

edahujep.jpg

Day 6ish. The ever patient willowcat has kindly offered to take the majority of my eggs off my hands in trade for some juvies but I'm keeping a few eggs and will continue to post for them once I have shipped the others out.

New day with more development. I can't get good enough pictures but nubs where their gills are at have began to show.

enahu5ub.jpg

They look great! Looks like youl have a good turnout. Keep us posted.:cool: -Seth

Here's hoping there's no sudden crashes! I already have my kids pulled out into another tank ready for their hatching and ship out the others on monday. Once the babies are hatched Ill still post updates though maybe not as frequently. There's this odd colored one amongst the rest that I thought was a dud but seems to be growing like the rest so I'm really interested in how its going to turn out.

y4u9a8u9.jpg

Sorry for the less than desirable quality. I'm going to take pictures of the ones in my tank set up for them now. I keep getting distracted by them and watching them twitch and wiggle, it's so precious.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back