Just got 5 Fire Salamanders :)

XDragonGrlX

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just got my 5 little fire salamanders in the mail and set up in there enclosure. Ill be posting a ton of pictures once they settle in! Ive been looking to get some of these guys for awhile now and im excited i was finally able to get them :)
I have them set up in a 15qt sterilite container with holes for ventilation. Coco fiber, leaf litter, flat wood pieces for them to hide under and a shallow water dish.

Here are 2 of the fire sals :). They came out for some chopped earthworms(which they took to pretty quick haha)
Sorry these pictures are not the best. and the salamanders have coco fiber all over them haha

And heres my special little one. He is missing one arm. :) He has the prettiest marking of them all though!

EDIT::
I meant to post this in the fire salamander section! Sorry!

Last edited:
Thanks! Ill try to get better pics later on

They look great!!! Yes the little one without an arm is stunning!! It was very active and only having 3 arms did not seem to slow it down one bit!! I am glad you have them!! I can't wait to see more pics!!

They are doing great! Eatting small pieces of earthworms great :) ill keep posting updates on here so you can keep up with them as well :) i just adore them

Heres 2 pictures of the same salamander. Im trying to remember who has what markings lol

And heres my little 3 legged one! He wasnt so excited to take eatchworms today, may try mealies. Hope I have better luck tomorrow!

Well all 5 of my little salamanders are still doing great :) Still chowing down on chunks of earthworm and small mealworms :)

is that guy with the 3 legs going to regrow that missing one??i know some newts have awesome regenerating abilities ..do salamanders also have the same ability?

Since it was born with only 3 limbs, i doubt it will ever grow

-Amber

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back