My new Cynops ...

Elliriyanna

Reaction score
Country
United States
These three lovely babies arrived from RedEar Today.

elliriyanna-albums-cynops-orientalis-picture30848-img-5560-1.jpg

elliriyanna-albums-cynops-orientalis-picture30847-img-5561-1.jpg

elliriyanna-albums-cynops-orientalis-picture30845-img-5564-1.jpg

I may also mention they are captive bred juveniles.

24 hours home and one has gone back Fully aquatic

They look wonderful! The tank setup is very nice as well. Congratulations! -Seth

I wonder if I should lower the water. I just ordered a TON of plants for them so hopefully I will have some happy newts :)

Keep the water level as it is, as long as they can easily climb to the surface they will never drown. Good job on ordering the plants these guys love water that is stuffed in live plant life.

Unfortunately I have to split the plants I ordered between this and my other 10 gallon but it would be plenty of plants to make them happy :)

Hi
Do your Cynops feed on land? My adults ignore food when sitting on land :happy:

They are just juveniles I am still coaxing them into eating. They did show a little interest in pellets on land though.

Tank is getting replanted tomorrow but I got some really cute photo's of the trio ( IMO)

elliriyanna-albums-cynops-orientalis-picture31143-img-5623-1.jpg

elliriyanna-albums-cynops-orientalis-picture31144-img-5621-1.jpg

elliriyanna-albums-cynops-orientalis-picture31145-img-5619-1.jpg

elliriyanna-albums-cynops-orientalis-picture31147-img-5606-1.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back