Best part about keeping an axolotl?

kkdavey

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hey guys!
I want to know what you all think is the best part about keeping an axolotl ??
Mine is when I feed them, they get so excited and know what's happening as soon as I lift the lid on the tank! So cute :,) :eek:

The way they greet me at the front of the tank whenever I enter the room!
And that they all have their own distinct personalities - as much personality as a dog without the hair shedding all over the house.

I like when i enter a room and they all 'Pray to the gods' looking for me

Or when im cleaning out their tank and they follow me all over looking for food and try to eat the siphon cause they can see the dirt moving hehehe :p

I love how excited Cthulhu gets when I go and say good morning to him. It's so cute the way he paddles his way to the top and blows bubbles at me. :D

I love how excited Cthulhu gets when I go and say good morning to him. It's so cute the way he paddles his way to the top and blows bubbles at me. :D

Lmao

Sent from my GS4...

I definitely love seeing their different personalities! Even the little juvies I have right now are all so unique. Some will swim up to greet me, some will try to hide when I feed them, a couple are jumpers!

One other thing I love is when people see them for the first time. "What is that?! Why does it look like it's stalking me around the tank?!" :D

Their cheeky, piggy selves. And the way they look like they're always smiling - you can't help but smile back! Infectious :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back