Axolotl May Be Sick?

Liamaxolotl

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My albino axolotl has been hiding around in her tank and she hasnt eaten in a while. I recently put coldwater minnows in the tank as feeder fish and they have been bumbing into her when she goes out. Maybe she is streesed from the fish or is there something else wrong with my axolotl. pls help.

You haven't given us enough information to help you. We need to know:
Is she definately a she?
Has anything changed recently? Anythng from a new ornament to different food.
How long has she been off her food?
What do you usually feed her? Has she had minnows before?
What are your water parameteres and temperature?
Does she have any tank mates, and if so are they exhibiting the same symptoms?
How old is she and how long have to had her? Could she be ready to breed?

Give us some more details and we may be able to help.

We need more information as auntiejude has said, however in the mean time i would remove the minnows.
Did you quarantine them for at least 30 days before you added them?
Also you say they bump into her when she comes out, which obviously seems to be making her uncomfortable if shes hiding from them.
What did you feed her before she stopped eating?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back