Rare? juvie coloring???

RupertxGiles

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Rupertxgiles
So I have some juvies that are a really odd coloring...about 10 out of the clutch were this weird bright green gills and top of their heads. Parents are a golden albino and wildtype (both NON GFP). They also produced normal looking wilds and Lucy's....I've never seen this coloring before any help would be great! These pics were taken yesterday and the green has become brighter and more noticeable as they have grown.

Attachments

• IMG_62902169547352.jpeg
    IMG_62902169547352.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_62909848717198.jpeg
    IMG_62909848717198.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 1,852
  • IMG_62913559658751.jpeg
    IMG_62913559658751.jpeg
    54.4 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_62917321447244.jpeg
    IMG_62917321447244.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_92715518091044.jpeg
    IMG_92715518091044.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_92764809438513.jpeg
    IMG_92764809438513.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 244
My first thought was "What cute little punks!" lol They look like gfp wilds to me, I think they're really neat!

They are really cute but there is no way they could be GFP both parents and grandparents are non GFP

Wild types come in all sorts of colours - brown, green, grey, tan, and black are the most common, and almost any combination of base colour and speckles. I have brown and green babies from a pair of wildtypes - brown and black - so I'm not sure of the genetics.

Cute little things though!

Beautiful babies!!! :) I had no idea there could be green coloring. I can't wait until my hatchlings get a little bigger. I believe they are all wild type.

:DI love love the coloring of you babies, I wounder if they will stay this color as they get older (bigger)......I would love to have one or 2 of this color I rally like odd colors

Have a great day and have fun with your new odd babies:happy:

Beautiful green Wilds - like Alkylhalide's Texas. I even think I can see iridophores on those big beautiful gills! They'll be so pretty when fully grown.

That is really funny! I was just scrolling on tapatalk and I saw my name so I had to check out the thread!

I say these are even neater then texas! Very beautiful. She has turned into a very beautiful girl though herseld and has gotten very dark as she got older.
3epujunu.jpg
ezute9un.jpg

Texas is so pretty! She looks almost emerald green in that top picture!

Whenever I see a green Wildie I always think of your Texas. She was the first green Wild I ever saw and since you've been on here a while it gives users a good point of reference if they're unsure about this particular Wild colour. Hope you don't mind :eek:

Not at all :) I am glad she makes good reference material :) she did turn out pretty beautiful. I actually did not really want a wild type but I got a "i have a beautiful wild type left" and so i decided why not and it was definately not a lie :p I plan on breeding her with toothless when they are older.
nu4u7atu.jpg
3ase8a4e.jpg

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back