Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Kadoink
Hi there
So this is my future 55 gallon axolotl tank, hope link works:
http://m.flickr.com/photos/kadoink33/10763197226/lightbox/
The plants are a variety of Anubias and ferns. At the moment it is bare bottom but I am hoping to eventually buy enough black sand as substrate once the axolotl is large enough where it would be safe. For the moment I have snails and guppies in the tank to keep the cycle going so I don't have the chiller connected since it's not needed.
I have a smaller tank, 30 gal. bare bottom with fake logs and a sponge filter for a grow out tank.

Any issues that you can see with my setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a gorgeous tank set up! I don't really see anything wrong with it, personally. But, looking at the bottom, I see you have a piece of driftwood(?) with all of the holes in it. I'm always a little paranoid with things that have small holes in them, because if an axolotl is just darting along and they happen to snag a foot in there... But that's just me, worrying over every little thing. :eek:

Thanks, this is my first bare bottom tank. I'm glad the link worked.
Oh my, that's sounds scary. I think I'll remove the cholla wood just in case. Haha I put it in there for shrimp to hide in but I can easily put it in another tank.

Of course there's a problem! It's not in my living room! Hahaha, in all seriousness, I think it's beautiful. I'm just starting out, so I can't really give you any pointers. I think it looks great though :3

Thanks so much! I should upload a picture of my shrimp tank, which to me is my favorite planted scape I've done so far.
I should look if I can actually post a pic and not just a link.

It's actually pretty easy, if you have the file on your computer.

Instead of going to quick reply, go down to the left at the bottom to "post reply"

From there, scroll down until you see Additional Options, and click on "manage attachments" under "attach files".

Now you should see a screen pop up and it will prompt you to upload up to three pictures. Once you pick the ones you want, hit the upload button. When it gives you open slots again, they're been uploaded and you can finish your reply. That's all there is to that :3

Gah this is gorgeous!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Okay here I go. This is my 10 gallon red rili shrimp tank (also future treats). Plants are Anubias nana, Anubias nana gold, Anubias nana petite and some micros words/MM planted in front. As you can see I really love Anubias and ferns. Still need to get a background for the tank back. I'm so glad you guys enjoy the tank, makes me happy.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384062813.304571.jpg

Nope it's black sand with some coral sand mixed in. I do use root tabs though and liquid ferts.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back